Sunday, April 13, 2014

Marina Muun - Interview

Marina Muun is an illustrator living in London. Take a look what she said for our blog: 

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Have you always wanted to become a artist/designer?
I don’t think I really knew what I wanted when I was young.  I’ve always drawn but I think I only really considered the option of going to art uni towards the end of high school. I’ve received a lot of encouragement and support from my parents along the way and I think that helped make the decision easier, but sometimes I feel I could have easily gone into a different line of work as there are so many things I find fascinating. 





Which project has given you the most satisfaction?  
I get the most satisfaction out of projects which are a bit out of my depth. I like a good challenge. 

What types of books are on your bedside table?
At the moment a book called “ Winston Churchill’s Afternoon Nap “ about the nature of human time and the different ways in which our minds and bodies keep track of it. 

What is the best moment of the day?
The moment when I realise I have free time which is a luxury I’ve really learnt to appreciate in the past couple of months. 






What would be your dream project?  
At the moment I am secretly obsessed with fabric. I really want to have a go at applying my artwork to wearable items. 

Can you recommend some movie you’ve watched recently?  
Survive Style Five. 


Who is your hero at the moment?
I don’t think I idolise a single particular person at any given moment, I try to learn as much as I can from everyone.



Cat or dog?
Cats all the way.  Dogs are way too high-maintenance.

What is the best part of your work?
For me it would be the process, the development stage which can be absolute hell until I come up with an idea I’m happy with but somehow I enjoy that too,  and the moment when you see the whole thing come together. That’s the most fun and rewarding part for me.

If you were a character from a cartoon, which one would you be?
Fire Princess from adventure time






If you could do any other job what would you choose and why?
An athlete or a dancer.. something very physical I miss that active element in my life sometimes. 


Where could we find you on Friday night?
Traversing the streets of East London. 


Pepsi or Coke?
Neither…who drinks that stuff anyway ? 

Favorite blogs/sites etc.?
http://www.brainpickings.org

http://lostinfiber.tumblr.com
http://artandsciencejournal.com
http://magical-contamination.tumblr.com





How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)?I’d say about 50 / 50 at the moment which feels really nice but it’s known to reach 100/0. You learn to be very adaptable as a freelance illustrator. 

What brings you joy?
My friends, my family, planning for the future, the sun, surprises, serendipitous coincidences, good food, exercise, new experiences, being out in nature (which does not happen very often when you live in London)




...........................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you Marina :) For more info about her work please visit her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment