Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday Interview: Vladimir Pospelov

Hello boys and girls. Today we present you Vladimir Pospelov, designer from Saint Petersburg, who works in a different fields, from graphic design to industrial design. Here's what he said for our blog:

Have you always wanted to become a designer?
I never thought of what I want to become. It just happened. The desire to create something came out.

Which project has given you the most satisfaction?
I'm currently doing modeling car Ford 1932. It is not a design project. It's just to create a model and visualization. This is the most difficult thing I've done. I'm going to recreate the car to the each nut.
This project requires maximum concentration. experience and strength. If I finish it it will be the greatest thing I've done in 3d over 10 years. But if we talk about satisfaction, the process itself brings me cosmic satisfaction. 

What types of books are on your bedside table?
Dieter rams less and more
Judith Miller, Mid century modern
William Mortensen, The Model: a Book on the Problems of Posing


What is the best moment of the day?
Every day is a good day, because I have two hands, two legs. I'm not an old man. I have everything ahead. Life is beautiful.

What would be your dream project?
I would like to travel around the planet and taking pictures of landscapes.

What type of music do you play while creating?
I love liquid drum and bass. (ltj bukem, seba, flytronix, pfm, bigbud and etc.) I have a small collection of vinyl records of these artists.

How important is craftsmanship in your design process? 
Craftsmanship occupies a very large part of my work. Ford 1932 my project and it's a project conceived for leveling skill. I am pleased with the difficulties that I have to fight. In 3d modeling craftsmanship sometimes that is the main objective. People create complex projects just for the sake of their creation. Simply because that is difficult.

Who is your hero at the moment?
Strange but I can not call no-one special that name.

Cat or dog?
I have cat and dog )

If you were a character from a cartoon, which one would you be? :)
Coach John McGuirk :)


If you could do any other job what would you choose and why?
I would do woodwork. I've always wanted to make furniture. 

Where could we find you on friday night?
At home, in front of the monitor.
What is the most inspiring piece for you to design and why? 
I am inspired by the work of others.


Favorite blogs/sites etc.?
My Pinterest feed

How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)
I just live and do what I can. That's my life and not work. On ridiculous coincidence I get paid for it.


What brings you joy? 
Coach John McGuirk :)



Thank you Vladimir for your time and lovely interview. For more info about Vladimir, visit his web or Behance profile

No comments:

Post a Comment