Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday interview: Vesna Pesic BECHA

photo by Angie Style Guide
Vesna Pešić is a fantastic artist/illustrator from Serbia. We've already had her on our illustration inspiration day, and now she was kind enough to answer a few questions for us.

Have you always wanted to become an artist?
First decision about this was made when I had to choose the high school. I chose an art high school and I never regretted it. But even before that, creating was my favorite thing to do, and artistic stuff in general. 

Which project has given you the most satisfaction?
I believe it's Silent Spring editorial. Not only because I had a wonderful collaboration with Ana Ljubinkovic and Milos Nadazdin, it was a really enjoyable project to work on. I love what I have done and the reactions to project were unexpectedly good. I am really proud of this work.




What types of books are on your bedside table?
Lately, books from Umberto Eco, Kurt Voneggut and comic books in between.

What is the best moment of the day?
Early evening, red sky and pause from work on the terrace with some refreshing beverage. But sometimes, long awaited approval from a client can be better then anything. 



Who is your design hero at the moment?
I think I never had one person as an idol. At this moment, my respect and admiration goes to Rikka Sormunen, Andrew Archer, Sean Lewis, Victo Ngai, Olaf Hajek, Micah Lindberg, Saddo and many, many more.

Cat or dog?
Dogs but I love cats too.


What would be your dream project?
Working with Bjork or Gondry.

Where could we find you on Friday night?
Home, playing games/watching movies with my boyfriend.


If you could do any other job what would you choose and why?
Dancing, for sure...cause I love to dance. At one point, I wanted to study psychology but that was an alternative.

Pepsi or Coke?
Squeezed orange.

If you were a character from Star Wars, which one would you be?
Oh, I never watched Star wars. I never felt the need for that.



How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)?
70/30 in favor of working, but  it's often vice verse. That is the beauty of freelance.

What brings you joy?
New episodes of Breaking bad :)



Would you like to share some advice to young artists? 
One thing that I follow:
If you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things can happen. Smart words from Conan O'Brien.



Thanks Vesna! to see more of Vesna's work visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment