Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday interview: Anna Emilia Laitinen



Today we have an interview with lovely painter and illustrator Anna Emilia Laitinen. She does beautiful paintings, all very carefully designed with such a lovely atmosphere. 

Have you always wanted to become an artist?
What I always wanted to do is something by hands and connected to the nature around me, so probably yes, even I did not know it.


Which project has given you the most satisfaction?
Usually all projects bring happiness and satisfaction in some ways. Learning and communicating with new people always brings satisfaction.

What types of books are on your bedside table?
There are some travel books and diaries. I seem to enjoy books that were written by men that lived a hermit life in some remote place in the nature. One Man's Wilderness by Richard Proenneke is one of this kind that I hugely enjoyed.
 
What is the best moment of the day?
Early mornings when everything is still silent and just about to begin. 

Who is your art/illustration hero at the moment?
There are not really specific artists or illustrators. There are so talented people everywhere. People that are around me and enjoy what they do give me inspiration and they also teach me a lot.

Cat or dog?
Both please.

What would be your dream project?
Something that would combine different themes and ways of doing together. It is always lovely to work with projects that include music.

Through your blog we saw that you live on a wonderful place that certainly inspire you very much. Do you ever think about some different inspirations, different media etc.?
Everything can be inspiring, so open mind and eyes is a good thing. Nature is very important for me and thinking about different places gives me many ideas. I wish I could travel more to see those places personally.

What music surrounds you while you create?
Lately I have been listening to different radios from all over the world. It is nice to have some different views of life and listen to different rhythm of languages and think those people who are talking on the radio.

 
Where could we find you on Friday night?
Last Friday night from my own little sauna, relaxing and breathing deeply afterwards the cold spring air afterwards outdoors.

If you could do any other job what would you choose and why?
It might be something to do with language or plants or then I might be a kindergarten teacher.

 
Pepsi or Coke?
Green tea, please.

If you were a character from Star Wars, which one would you be?
Oh, I never saw them!

What's your favorite sites/blogs?
Some nice cooking or radio channel sites.

How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)?
Most of the days are very long by my painting table, but that is what I enjoy. Ideas can come anywhere and anytime, so I don´t try to separate work and personal life too much. Probably 70/30.

What brings you joy?
Slow moments with friends, good food and music. Long walks and changes in the weather and seasons.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for you time and lovely answers:)
For mor info and art, please visit Anna Emilia site http://www.annaemilia.com and her blog http://annaemilial.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment